Michael P. Dever
Founder & CEO
As an internet entrepreneur, Mr. Dever founded and ran spree.com, which became the 7th most-trafficked internet commerce site by 1999. Among other pioneering accomplishments, Spree was the exclusive ecommerce partner for the PGA Tour. Mr. Dever led spree through a $13 million funding round (led by Patricof & Company) in 1999.
Mr. Dever also co-founded Internetseer.com, which became the world’s largest web site monitoring company and is the co-inventor on a patent related to web site monitoring. He was instrumental in selling the company to Landmark Communications (then the owner of The Weather Channel) in 2007.
Mr. Dever is a board member of the National Futures Association CPO/CTA Committee, holds the Certified Financial Planner® designation and has a B.S. in Business from West Chester University. See Mike on LinkedIn
- In four years as a high school pole vault coach, Mike produced three state medalists (two of which were his sons), including an All-American and the Pennsylvania all-time state record holder (17’-0”)
- Mike is an Eagle Scout, coach for Special Olympics, instrument-rated private pilot and also holds a Part 107 drone pilot license
- Mike’s proudest accomplishment has been raising three great boys with his wife Kim, a nurse with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mitchell, 24, works full-time in electronics
- Matthew, 23, graduated with a degree in Finance from Penn State University and is now a co-founder and partner with Fremont Capital Partners. Perhaps most importantly, Matthew is the Guinness Book World Record holder in the American football long snap (41.5 yards)
- Charley, 20, is a midshipman at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland
Robert Proctor, CFA
Head of Trading & Operations
Mr. Proctor was also active in the venture development area with companies such as SailNet.com & Marine.com, which he founded. Most recently, from 2015 until 2020, he has served as an investor and CFO at Vermont Natural Beef, LLC.
Mr. Proctor is a member of the Harford CFA Society and the CFA Institute. He has earned the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charter and holds the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Mr. Proctor holds a B.S. in Agricultural Economics from the University of Vermont. He serves on the board of Honduras Children’s Project and is the treasurer of the Lions Club of Durham, CT. See Rob on LinkedIn
- Rob took a four-year hiatus from the investment world to help “grow” Vermont Natural Beef LLC – a direct to consumer provider of NY, NJ and New England’s best beef! The farm also ran a wedding business, KingstonPlace.com, that hosts barn weddings.
- Rob met Mike Dever at the University of Vermont, but the rest of Rob’s family are Yalies. Both of his sons are recent software engineer grads and his wife is a professor of 20+ years at the medical school.
- Prior to 2020, traveling has been a passion for Rob and his family. Most recently trips have included three weeks in the Galapagos in 2019 and a trip to Machu Picchu in 2017. Both are highly recommended!
- For fun outside of academia, Rob & his family sail a Little Harbor 38 out of Mystic, CT and dive most winters from the North Shore of Grand Cayman.
Joseph M. Grosodonia
Joejoined Brandywine in 2021 and helped to create Brandywine’s Marco Polo Stewardship Fund (“Marco Polo”). He is involved in portfolio management decisions for the Fund. Marco Polo is designed specifically for institutions and family offices and takes a generational approach to building and preserving wealth. Through true diversification and hedging, the fund seeks first to protect invested capital from large, unrecoverable losses including hyperinflation, and also maintains convex exposures to profit from large moves across a range of global financial and commodity markets.
Joe was previously a principal at a Commodity Pool Operator and has worked in financial management since 2012 – even longer if one counts reading off stock quotes as a child to his grandfather. He holds a certificate from Nassim Taleb’s Real World Risk Institute and is a graduate of Georgetown University with a BS in Mathematics and BA in Economics.
- Joe speaks Italian fluently
- Enjoys composing music
From 2006 through 2016, Doug was CEO of RealWinWin, a venture-backed, energy-efficiency services company (sold in 2016). RealWinWin identified and captured energy efficiency rebates and incentives in support of more than 100 “national brand” retail and retail service companies.
Doug’s operational experience includes private investment, business development and sales, with an early career in software and Venture Capital. Doug was an “intrapreneur” for two telecom/intranet service providers, growing regional and national selling organizations from the ground up.
Doug held start-up roles in retail, consulting, software, and business services. Doug has BoD level experience with more than thirty early-stage organizations and has been directly involved with the purchase and integration of seven corporate acquisitions.
Doug’s education includes an MBA from Wharton, an MSE (Computer Science) from Penn and a BA degree from Colgate.