Brandywine’s Capabilities and History
Brandywine is built on a 40 year history of research and trading, with expertise in wealth management, alternative investments (including managed futures, crisis alpha, market neutral equity and tactical asset allocation), venture investing and entrepreneurship, real estate development, residential rentals and construction.
Brandywine’s innovative investment philosophy and programs are the result of this broad base of experience.
Biographical highlights of Brandywine’s Founder & CEO:
Michael P. Dever is the founder (in 1982) and CEO of Brandywine Asset Management, the author of a best-selling investment book and a featured subject of three books. Brandywine has invested significant amounts over the past four decades in research to develop proprietary investment strategies and manage client assets pursuant to several successful investment programs. Brandywine has developed investment programs that are either characterized by performance that is completely uncorrelated to that of stocks, bonds and hedge funds or that protect investors from equity bear markets. Mr. Dever has also been a great early identifier of investment talent and served as the initial outside investor in other managers that went on to great success.
As an internet entrepreneur, Mr. Dever founded and ran spree.com, which became the 7th most-trafficked internet commerce site by 1999. Among other pioneering accomplishments, Spree was the exclusive ecommerce partner for the PGA Tour. Mr. Dever led spree through a $13 million funding round (led by Patricof & Company) in 1999.
Mr. Dever also co-founded Internetseer.com, which became the world’s largest web site monitoring company and is the co-inventor on a patent related to web site monitoring. He was instrumental in selling the company to Landmark Communications (then the owner of The Weather Channel) in 2007.
Mr. Dever is a board member of the National Futures Association CPO/CTA Committee, holds the Certified Financial Planner® designation and has a B.S. in Business from West Chester University.
- In four years as a high school pole vault coach, Mike produced three state medalists (two of which were his sons), including an All-American and the Pennsylvania all-time state record holder (17’-0”)
- Mike is an Eagle Scout, coach for Special Olympics, instrument-rated private pilot and also holds a Part 107 drone pilot license
- Mike’s proudest accomplishment has been raising three great boys with his wife Kim, a nurse with Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mitchell, 24, works full-time in electronics
- Matthew, 23, graduated with a degree in Finance from Penn State University and now works as an analyst with Citigroup in New York City
- Charley, 20, is a midshipman at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland
You can read more, including numerous business and personal references for Mike at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikedever/.